The Sims 4: Fitness Controls
A downloadable mod
This is a mod for The Sims 4
Last updated: v3, 13th December 2017
Working for The Sims 4 v1.37.35 / The Cats and Dogs Patch
What it does
This mod is a bundle of tweaks and options for you to control the fat and muscle changes of your sims. Through a handy in-game settings menu, you can:
- Make the rate of change of all sims' fat and muscle slower (or faster).
- Prevent all fat and muscle changes for sims not in the active household.
- Apply a fix for all teens becoming underweight.
- Remove the slower fat and muscle decay from sims with the 'High Metabolism' trait.
Why would you want this?
Fat and muscle changes in an unmodded The Sims 4 are tuned to be very fast, so you can see immediate results after exercise. If you play on longer lifespans, or would like a subtler fitness feature, or like the idea of sims' bodies changing more realistically, you might want this mod's Fitness Changes Multiplier feature to slow things down.
In an unmodded game, the background sims that eat from food stalls and go the gym will have their fat and muscle change from the things they do while in your neighborhood. This can lead them to quickly get extreme bodies, if most of their on-screen time is spent exercising or eating. If you play on longer lifespans, or with aging off for non-played sims, this problem becomes worse. If you switch households a lot, this can affect your own played sims while they are out of your control. Using this mod's No NPC Fitness Change feature can solve this issue while still letting your played sims be affected by fitness while you are playing with them.
Sims modder Candyd discovered that in an unmodded game, teens have a modifier applied to them that halves all of their fat gains, but has no effect on their fat losses. If you've noticed that your teens typically end up at low fat by the time they become adults, regardless of exercise, this will be why. If you want to try teens with normal adult metabolism, you might want this mod's Underweight Teen Fix feature.
If you want to give a sim the Bodybuilder aspiration, but don't want them to rapidly change from the body shape you gave them in Create A Sim, you might want the No High Metabolism feature to disable the High Metabolism trait's modifier to fat and muscle decay.
How to use
To access the settings for this mod, click on your active sim, open the 'roBurky' category, and choose 'Fitness Controls'.
From this settings menu, you can decide which features of the mod you wish to use.
- Fitness Changes Multiplier
- Defaults to 1.0
- All fat and muscle changes for all sims will be multiplied by this value. When set to 1.0, the feature is disabled. When set lower than 1.0, changes will be slower. When set higher than 1.0, changes will be faster.
- Set to 0.2 or 0.1 to recreate the effects of Candyd's Retuned Metabolism mod.
- I'm going to be testing a value of 0.33 for my own game.
- No NPC Fitness Change
- Defaults to ENABLED
- When enabled, the fat and muscle of sims will change only when they are in the active household. This works by applying a 0x modifier on fat and muscle changes for non-played sims.
- Underweight Teen Fix
- Defaults to ENABLED
- When enabled, teens will gain and lose fat at the same rate as adults. This works by removing the 0.5x modifier on fat gains for teens.
- No High Metabolism
- Defaults to DISABLED
- When enabled, the fat and muscle of sims with the 'High Metabolism' trait will decay normally. This works by removing the 0.5x modifier on fat and muscle decay for this trait.
- This feature does not affect the ability of sims with the 'High Metabolism' trait to use an energy drink to become energized.
After changing any setting, you will need to restart your game before your changes will take effect.
Other mods by roBurky
The rest of my mods can be found over here.
- A big thank you to all of my patrons
- This mod was made with the help of:
- Zerbu's Mod Constructor v2
- This mod uses Thin Line UI Icons by Eleonor Wang
- Big thanks to TURBODRIVER for their scripts and help creating an in-game settings menu.
This mod overrides no files, and should not conflict with any other mod.
If you like my mods, I have a patreon where you can support my mod-making and get access to preview downloads.
Extract the contents of the zip file into your 'Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods' folder.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.